Employment Practices Liability: Changing expectations: spotlight on sexual harassment covers in the #MeToo era
According to the Australian Human Rights Commission, one third of people have experienced sexual harassment at work in the past five years. That number is rising, in part due to the heightened awareness generated by the #MeToo movement.
In Australia, this is taking place amid the backdrop of the report from the Sex Discrimination Commissioner, expected to be delivered later this year.
In this webinar we covered:
- The associated cost to business, as well as the risk of employers being found liable;
- The legal environment surrounding such cases of sexual harassment;
- How modern workforces challenge historical norms on what the workplace is;
- The concepts behind Employment Practices Liability insurance and how Swiss Re Corporate Solutions review and approach such exposures; and
- Practical steps to encourage staff to feel comfortable to come forward and report on sexual harassment and how to effectively manage an allegation.