From Adria to Will to STORM: names to know this hurricane season
Article information and share options
Hurricane season is here and 2020's record-breaking season reminds us that primary perils remain a significant threat to businesses and public entities.
Although last year's hurricanes largely avoided densely-populated or high activity areas, the recent sigma found that in a year with substantial hurricane losses in major metropolitan areas and multiple secondary peril events, annual insured losses could reach USD 250 to 300 billion.
Parametric insurance, like STORM, can protect businesses and public entities from the financial impacts and other unforeseen economic consequences of a hurricane or tropical storm.
Listen to our recent webinar to hear:
• Predictions for the 2021 hurricane season
• Lessons learned from 2020 and findings from the recent sigma
• Case studies where parametric insurance helped businesses and public entities
For a deeper dive on parametric insurance, listen to some of our past webinars:
- More than déjà vu: How you can use parametric STORM to protect your business from another record hurricane season
- Tailored protection, quick payments: Is parametric insurance right for you?
- Resilience in Action: Case Studies in Parametric solutions.