Veronica Scotti was appointed Chairperson Public Sector Solutions (PSS) in July 2018. PSS is committed to helping national, provincial and municipal governments, public entities as well as international organisations develop innovative risk transfer solutions to strengthen societal resilience, both in advanced and developing economies. It promotes financial inclusion by improving access to insurance for risk-exposed low-income communities.
Previous professional experience
Veronica joined Swiss Re in 1999 through the group acquisition of Fox-Pitt Kelton, a boutique investment bank in London. She gained her reinsurance experience following her move to Zurich in 2002, with roles in asset management, strategy, risk management and products. From 2007 to 2010 she held client-facing positions in Zurich, as Head of Business Development EMEA and Key Account Manager Globals. before moving to New York to become Client Executive, MD, with global responsibility for some of Swiss Re’s largest clients. In 2015 Veronica was appointed President and CEO of Canada and the English Caribbean based in Toronto.
Prior to joining Swiss Re, Veronica worked in investment banking in the UK, Switzerland and Italy with Banque Paribas, Union Bank of Switzerland and Banco di Napoli.
She holds an MBA from the SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan, and a master's degree in International Commerce from the Naval University Institute, Naples, Italy.
- Member of the Bretton Woods Committee Board of Directors and Advisory Council
- Corporate Member of the Women's Leadership Board of Harvard Kennedy School
- Member of the World Economic Forum CEO Action Group for the European Union Green Deal
- Member of the International Women's Forum UK
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Intact Centre for Climate Adaptation, University of Waterloo, Canada