sigma 3/2020 – Power up: investing in infrastructure to drive sustainable growth in emerging markets
Governments are working to strike a fine balance between easing lockdown measures and avoiding a second wave of COVID-19. Infrastructure investment is essential for a sustainable post-crisis recovery. More importantly, some fundamental drivers in emerging market are shaping the future direction of infrastructure investment, say renewable energy and resilient infrastructure.
Please join us for our first in this new series of webinars where Irina Fan, Head Insurance Market Analysis of Swiss Re will delve into several topics covered in Swiss Re's latest Sigma research report on infrastructure investment, which focuses on the annual opportunities of USD 2.2 trillion in emerging markets.
The session covered:
- How investing in infrastructure can drive sustainable growth;
- Deep dive on the key factors driving infrastructure investment;
- Assessing opportunities by key sectors;
- Dual role of insurance: funding and protection.
The webinar was hosted by Stephen Higginson, Head of Customer & Distribution for Australia and New Zealand at Swiss Re Corporate Solutions and was joined by:
- Irina Fan – Head Insurance Market Analysis, Swiss Re Institute
You can watch the recording here: