Motivation, opportunity, rationalisation - The Fraud Triangle
In this rapidly changing environment, we discuss the impacts of COVID-19 on fraud – perpetrating it, detecting it and preventing it. We look at increased opportunities due to the current unique landscape and discuss examples of how these opportunities may result in increased instances of perpetrating fraud and where that might leave businesses.
The session covers:
- COVID-19 creating the perfect storm for perpetrating fraud – motivation, rationalisation and opportunity;
- The changing landscape presenting opportunities to fraudsters;
- Prevention vs detection and the increased fraudulent activity we may uncover;
- Cyber fraud and social engineering in our new landscape – what to look out for.
The webinar is hosted by Stephen Higginson, Head of Customer & Distribution for Australia and New Zealand at Swiss Re Corporate Solutions, who is joined by specialists and experts:
- Emma Levett, Partner Fraud Investigations, Forensic advisory services, Sedgwick
- James Tsalkos, Senior Underwriter FinPro, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
You can watch the recording: